Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poem and Poll

Check out my poem today at Maggie Woychik's Encouraging Emerging Authors! :-D

It's been a while since I had a poll on here. If you scroll down a little on the sidebar, you will see a poll: "Whom is your favorite Jane Austen hero?" I'm sure all of us would marry one of them (or someone like one of them) if we could. ;-) I voted Henry Tilney (*sighs dreamily* ;-) ), though I also really like Edward and Colonel Brandon, and... well, all of them! Except perhaps Wentworth; he is a rather frustrating character until after Louisa falls...

And no, I didn't include Henry Crawford, John Willoughby, George Wickham, or any of those dishonorable fellows. :-P

Anyway! Feel free to share whom you voted for in the comments! ;-)

4 comments:

Gaby said...

My favorite hero is Mr. Knightley, with Col. Brandon coming behind him. Mr. Knightley is such a gentleman. I like how he tells Emma exactly what he thinks of her, and how she can improve herself. He is never blinded by her charms. I could think of a lot of more ways why I like him...

I'll be sending my email soon, Melanie! Don't worry!

Love,
~Gabrielle

Amanda said...

Mr. Knightley is SOOOO the best--glad to see we're of the same mind, Gabrielle. ;) I'm just like Emma and I really need to marry a Mr. Knightley...

Meg said...

whoa..... Mr. Darcy is soooo mine!! lol, i would pick him, and it appears as if i'm the only one who HAS picked him, therefore, i have him all to myself!! hehe, yes, all of the other chaps are very nice too, but Mr. Darcy just stands out to me :) lol, so there is my opinion!!

MEG

Melanie said...

LOL, Megan, you are so funny. :-) I am surprised that no one else has picked Mr. Darcy! Oh, well, looks like you DO have him all to yourself, and I have Henry Tilney all to myself. :-)