Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hopeless?

Do the cares of life ever press in on you? Does your life ever seem like one long, cloudy day? Do you ever wake up and sigh to yourself, "Another day"? Do you sometimes feel like your questions will never be answered, that your trials will never end? Do you ever take a look inside your heart and feel like you are a hopeless case?




"This I recall to my mind,
therefore have I hope.
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning:
great is thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;
therefore will I hope in him.
The LORD is good unto them that wait for him,
to the soul that seeketh him.
It is good that a man should both hope
and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."

(Lamentations 3:21-26)



See? Scripture always has the answers! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those verses. You wouldn't think you'd find something so encouraging in Lamentations, though. :D

Melanie said...

In regards to not expecting to find encouragement in the midst of the woeful Lamentations...
Sometimes the biggest spiritual lessons grow out of the darkest times in our lives!

Leah said...

Amen!! Thanks for sharing!