Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poll and Other Thoughts

First, the Poll:
The question was
"What book begins with the following line: 'There was no possibility of taking a walk that day.'"
There were five votes for Jane Eyre and two votes for Christy. The answer was Jane Eyre. Good job everyone! :-D
The next poll should be fun. The first sentence of the book is so long though, that I cannot include it all on the sidebar so I will here. Do not answer in the "Comments"; answer on the poll on the sidebar.

What book begins with the following line:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hpoe, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way-- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Long line, eh? No wonder I'm shortening it on the side.

On another subject, we will be gone until next Thursday, in Indiana, so I do not know when I will have time to post, but I will try to.

Meanwhile, here's a quote for you to think on:

"TO FOLLOW JESUS is to be learning of him, to think his thoughts, to use his judgments, to see things as he sees them, to feel things as he feels them, to be of the same heart, soul, and mind, as he is."
-George MacDonald

2 comments:

Victoria Nicol said...

Well, I was one of the ones that voted for the Christy book and then two days later I started reading Jane Eyre. I had to chuckle to myself cause I should have waited to vote on that poll, O well! : ) I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Melanie said...

LOL, that's funny. :-)