- Allow thyself to complain of nothing, not even of the weather.
- Never picture thyself under any circumstances in which thou art not.
- Never compare thine own lot with that of another.
- Never allow thyself to dwell on the wish that this or that had been, or were, otherwise than it was, or is. God Almighty loves thee better and more wisely than thou dost thyself.
- Never dwell on the morrow. Remember that it is God's, not thine. The heaviest part of sorrow is to look forward to it. "The Lord will provide."
-E. B. Pusey (a 19th century church leader)
Isn't that wonderful? It is something I so need in my day-to-day life as I struggle with contentment where I'm at. If I could but keep each of these points in my mind at all times, I know I would be much more joyful! I hope they were a blessing to you as they were to me, and thanks to Mrs. Maurer and Christie for making an additional copy for me. :-)