Wednesday, March 11, 2009

*ASK*

Note the acrostic!!! I never noticed this until last night!!!


"And I say unto you,


  • Ask, and it shall be given you;
  • Seek, and ye shall find;
  • Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. "

(Luke 11:9)

This verse really ministered to me last night. I think we get the idea that because we need to be humble, we shouldn't ask God for anything. We think that is pride. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Here Jesus invites us to come to Him with our petitions and seek Him so that we can see Him work-- so we can know His faithfulness. Prayer is the pathway into the heart of God; if you do not pray, you will never see an answer to prayer from the God who holds everything in His hands. I have seen that for myself-- when I pray, and I see Him answer, I draw all the closer to Him because I see how true, how good, how faithful He is!! So take your needs, desires, and dreams to the Lord, and see what He will do!!


P.S. I am sorry I haven't been posting much. I am actually working on a couple of reviews which I hope to post soon. I'm also trying to figure out what to do about the poll. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that thoughtful message.

Margaret Dashwood said...

That acrostic is so awesome!! I never noticed that before...and thank you for sharing that encouragement about praying...I haven't realized that before either!!:)
Love ya!!:D

Bethany

Amy said...

That is so true. I know alot of times I 'feel bad' always asking asking, but as you wrote-He said we should. An open invitation and continual support to all we face. The Lord is so good! Thanks for all the fun when you were at our place!!:)