Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey!

Please forgive me for my lack of posts lately! Since I've been busy on vacation, catching up in my writing, and sewing, I haven't had much time or inspiration to blog. :-P

The last couple days have contained moments of sweet time with the Lord here. Those are wonderful times, aren't they? You go through a terrible time of feeling "dry" spiritually, but then you turn your eyes on the Lord and rest in Him, and suddenly His word becomes alive again, and He seems near again! Praise Him, praise Him for these wonderful times!

My friend Leah recently shared this wonderful quotation with me. I believe she keeps it on her wall at work. Allow me to share it with you.

"To be like Christ. To displace self from the inner throne, and to enthrone Him; to make not the slightest compromise with the smallest sin. We aim at nothing less than to walk with God all day long, to bide every hour in Christ and He and His words in us, to love God with all the heart and our neighbor as ourselves... It is possible to cast every care on Him daily, and to be at peace amidst pressure, to see the will of God in everything, to put away all bitterness and clamor and evil speaking, daily and hourly. It is possible by unreserved resort to divine power under divine conditions to become strongest through and through at our weakest point."
~Bishop Handley Moule

Isn't that beautiful?? I have it on the wall in my room now and read it almost every day. Praise the Lord that He has given us His Spirit, and therefore the power to live for Him and not for ourselves.

I hope you are all having a wonderful autumn! Let us praise the Lord with each day He gives us!

5 comments:

Teddy said...

HEY!! Glad you're back!!! That quote IS really amazing...don't be surprised if you find it on MY wall too! :)
OMW! I got a really funny WV:
~Tranarap~ :-P

Teddy said...

Your new blog pic is really gorgeous!!!

Rebecca Ann said...

I love the new look for your blog Melanie! Yes that quote is great! What a wonderful reminder to be like Christ in everything we do!

Gaby said...

Love the quote and new blog look!! And no, I have not forgotten to email you... *ducks behind a wall* I am a TERRIBLE procrastinator!!! *blushes deeply*

Amanda said...

Yeah, welcome back, and that's a very good quote. :)

Teddy, your WV was hilarious!! Mine is "cochoe".