Friday, April 9, 2010

I hadn't thought about it for a long time....

...and then... I thought about it...
....and kept thinking about it....
...which made me think about looking up a friend of mine who I hadn't talked to for a long time, on Facebook....
(my friend, Lois, is in the yellow outfit)
...and then I was looking at her pictures...


...which made me think about it even more...

...about people who need Jesus...

...an Odissi dancer...

...a miserable-looking Hindu couple, who probably didn't even know each other until that day they got married...
...precious little children...

...a rather frightful-looking Hindu performer...

...because they were taught to believe in and slave under this...
...instead of to believe in and worship the One True God, Jehovah, and His Son Jesus Christ.

Who knows how long I'll be thinking about it, or what will come of it. Nevertheless, I have been reminded...
India needs Jesus.

Thanks for bearing with my ramble. I have a lot on my mind these days.

9 comments:

Teddy said...

Something to pray about, huh? I'd go w/ you!

Melanie said...

Yes INDEED, Teddy dear. Very much so indeed.

And it would be lovely if you came with me! :-D I am beginning to think about saving up for a short term trip there. But like you said, I really need to pray about it. REALLY. :-)

Fannie said...

India DOES need Jesus! We need constantly reminded of these things!!!

Gaby said...

Melanie, there is a family in our church who goes to India almost every year!!!!! I have always thought that I might want to go there with them some time after I graduate....


~Gabrielle

Bethany said...

Excellent post, Melanie!!! That IS something that we constantly need to be reminded about...and to pray for! Thanks for posting this!
~Bethany~

Amanda said...

It is surely something to pray about!

WV: tracator

Hannah Joy R. said...

Amen!!

Leah said...

Amen Melanie! India needs Jesus! Do you want to go together and tell them about Jesus? 'Cause I SO want to go.

Melanie said...

Sure, Leah! :-) Maybe we could get together a group missions trip! :-D