Saturday, April 25, 2009

Plans

Some of you know that for a long time I have been wanting to go visit our friends, the H's, in Indiana, to help them around the house and with their church. Pastor H used to pastor a church we used to go to, which is how we met. We developed a good friendship with Pastor and Mrs. H, as well as with their three children: Kaylyn (7), Daniel (5), and Hannah (2). (I think I got the ages right... ;-) ) The H moved down to Indiana in late 2006 to pastor a new church plant there. Well, it worked out for our family to go down to Creation Museum this next week and Daddy talked with Pastor H and it looks like I will finally be able to go for my visit. :-) (If plans don't change, that is.) Our whole family will be leaving for Cincinnati after church tomorrow, Lord willing, and the H's will pick me up on Wednesday. I will (again, Lord willing) be there for a week and a half, possibly less, and then my mom and sisters will pick me up and we will make a quick visit with family in northern and central Indiana. So that's the plan!

Please pray for me as I am down there. I have never been away from my family for very long at all-- I've always at least had one of my sisters with me-- so I am a little nervous. I am still a little shaken by the news about Megan too. However, I am convinced that this is what the Lord wants me to do and am greatly anticipating being used by Him in some way. So please keep me in your prayers for the next two weeks!! I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have but I will try to post and keep you updated. :-) Thanks so much!

5 comments:

juli said...

I'll be praying for you and I will miss seeing you!

Pure Little Ladies Ministry said...

Hope you have fun....wish I could see ya'll next week. =( Maybe next time. ^_^

Hugs!

Megsmom said...

I will keep you in my continued prayers. I hope you have a nice time with the Hadley family. Even tho your sisters won't be with you, the Lord will. You aren't going alone. God bless you abundantly! Love you!

Teddy said...

Melanie,
I'm going to miss you so much!! I'll pray for you and be exited to hear about your trip when you get back!

Leah said...

I think that you should come and visit ME! :) I hope that you have a good time! I'll be praying for you and working on an e-mail. :)