Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting

We sang the following song in church last night, and as we sang it, I was so blessed by the words of prayer and worship. How I need the message of this song; to quiet my heart and rest in the love and wisdom of my Saviour. Read the words carefully. Aren't they so beautiful? Do we not serve a wonderful, beautiful Lord? Is it not wonderful that He is so great and good that we can rest on Him completely and know He will not let us fall, ever?


"Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.

"O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.

"Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed!

"Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace."
-Jean S. Pigott

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I love that song, Melanie! Thanks so much for posting that. Reminds me of Deuteronomy 33:27-"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." What a precious promise that we can rest in Him!

Pure Little Ladies Ministry said...

Wonderful song!!

Glad to see you posting again, I'd check every couple days and there would be nothing new, and I'd be so bummed out. =P

Love you!
Miss Toria

Melanie said...

MJ,
Thank you for sharing that verse! It is so beautiful and encouraging! It was nice talking with you today too! :-)

Toria,
I know what that's like waiting for someone to post. ;-)
BTW, thank you for the link; I haven't looked at it yet but will try to soon.