Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WHO's in charge??

Yesterday the country was all at the polls, making the choice between two men of very different convictions and character-- or perhaps between one with convictions and character, and one without. This morning many people are rejoicing. Many people are looking forward to seeing their financial problems fixed. They are excited at such a historical event having taken place.

Others are hardly rejoicing. Some are probably in dumb shock. Some are realizing that this is a new page in history and it doesn't look too good. While driving through town today, we even saw a man putting his flag at half-mast. Some, however, are realizing, and I hope I am one of these, that Barack Obama is not and will not be on the throne-- now or ever. It may seem so, but it is not. Only One Person is truly on the throne, and He's very reliable, because He has been at this business for 6,000 years-- and even before then. Economic and political changes do not change Him in the least, and corrupt governments and tight financial circumstances do not hinder Him in any way from being just as powerful as He ever was. This ruler-- this King-- is Jehovah, God Almighty. He is not very popular, and would not have won the vote if He was considered a presidential candidate. But that doesn't hinder Him. He is in control. He continues to orchestrate the courses of nature and the hearts and lives of men.

God's declaration of His will and government (the Bible) declares that "the king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." In the first chapter of Job, we also read about satan coming before God and asking permission to torment Job. God gave him permission, but also set a bound that he could not pass over, and used all of it for His [God's] own glory. Likewise, whoever the president, or any other leader is, they cannot go beyond the bounds God has set for them, and all they do is only part of God's plan to bring Himself glory and further His kingdom.

Part of me dreads the future. And yet at the same time I know I have a God who is far above anything else and He is in control. Why worry? It doesn't do any good. Rather, we must all choose to go forth in the eternal principles and live in the unchangeable promises that He founded ages ago, in far tighter circumstances than we find ourselves in now.

~*~*~*~*~
In the 6th century, B.C., Israel was taken into captivity by Bablyon. This is the message God sent them in that difficult time:
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness...
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
Isaiah 41:10,13
This promise is true for all today who have believed on and obey the Messiah and therefore become children of Abraham as well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY good post, Melanie!!

And, let's look on the bright side...it's like my mom said, "Hey, we might not even haveta die because it's lookin' like Christ is coming sooner than we all think!" ^_^

Blessings, Hugs, and Love,
Toria

Teddy said...

Wow, good post friend! AND if you really wanna get exited, just think about how God changed some of the wickedest men in history, and Ahab is coming to mind first. He cried out to the Lord! I've got a book based on the life of a Nazi who came to Christ after being a literally murderous man! It was incredible to see God turn his life around! Oh, and just a reminder, god has used men's faulty purposes all along to protct and even multiply His people! I don't know about you, but I'm sorta exited...

Melanie said...

Thanks, Toria and Teddy!
Good thoughts, Teddy. And THANK YOU for a positive opinion. I have thought that too, about God changing wicked people in history. Why NOT pray for the salvation of Obama? Duh! He's no worse than any of us before we were saved, he just more well-known than we were and has a higher position in government. And I know that God has a plan in all this. I'm sort of Miss Gloom (unlike your giggly self ;-)), but I guess we can be excited to see what God will do. And (I am also Miss Author) it will be something to write about-- if I'm around afterwards to write about it. ;-) We may life our very own novel! :-P
Whatever. We'll see what happens and trust God, whatever it is!

Melanie said...

Teddy~
Oh yeah, I forgot-- can I borrow that book you mentioned about the Nazi?

Amanda said...

EXCELLENT idea, Ted!!! And great post, Melanie!

Teddy said...

Sure y'll can borrow my book, as soon as I get it back from Emmy. You may have already read it though, it's by Christmas Carol Chaughman... based on a true story. if you haven't read it you are more then welcome to it.

Melanie said...

Oh yes, I have read that book actually! lol :-) I love it; it's one of my favorites.

Teddy said...

Just a clarification: I was not saying that Obama was as bad as Ahab, I was just sharing that we really shouldn't be worried because God is in charge and can change any heart... i don't want anyone to think I meant disrespect.

Melanie said...

Thank you for your clarification, Teddy. I really need to remember to be respectful now, because he is going to be our President. Thanks!