Saturday, January 16, 2010

Desires and Dreams

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to."

-Elisabeth Elliot


"To dream, and want and pray, almost savagely; then to commit and wait and see Him quietly pile all dreams aside and replace them with what we could not dream, the realized Will."

~Jim Elliot


"If God, like a father, denies us what we want now it is in order to give us some far better thing later on. The will of God, we can rest assured, is invariably a better thing."

~Elisabeth Elliot


You may write good plans out with pencil, the way you want things to happen but I will, yes I will erase some and write in pen a better and best plan for you, but you must give me the pen.

-Anonymous


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Delight thyself in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (Psalm 37:4)


"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29:11)


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8,9)


1 comment:

Amanda said...

...Sighs and Amens...