"The desires of your heart" is a phrase from Psalm 37. Remembering that the other night, I decided to turn to that psalm. Then I realized that God tells us how there. He tells us in very distinct steps.
- Trust in the Lord-- Take your hands off the steering wheel and let Him drive.
- Do good-- Don't worry about what you don't know; obey what you do know.
- Delight thyself in the Lord-- Don't look for contentment in anything/anyone else.
- Commit thy way unto the Lord-- Let Him direct your path; give it to Him and let Him lead.
- Trust also in Him-- Again, take your hands off the steering wheel and let Him drive. How many times does He need to tell us before we actually believe it enough to obey it??
- Rest in the Lord-- Don't be agitated and fretful; rest!
- Wait patiently for Him-- Know that God will work out His will in His perfect timing!
- Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way-- Stop worrying about other people. Keep moving forward with God.
So what is God's plan for me? Working overseas with a children's ministry? Staying at home and serving wherever the opportunity arises, such as staying with Hadleys for a week here and there, or helping teach the Byers kids? Getting married? (Please, Lord, not yet! :-P ) Launching into full-time writing? I may not need to know just now; but I do need to continue to trust, do good, delight, commit, rest, and wait... God will lead! And if I keep my eyes on Him and keep following Him, He will lead me to the right place and situation! Thank you, Lord!