Monday, January 11, 2010

A Random Post on Rearranging, on Prayer, and on Bible Reading

Hello, blogger friends!

If you scroll down, you'll see that I rearranged my sidebar a little. I changed the appearance of some things like the blog archives and labels, removed some things like my "favorite links" list (especially since I'm doing my "good blogs to read" series anyway), and added some text.

One of the new features is a list of prayer requests. At church, Mr. Vrotsos has been encouraging us to share with one another and pray with one another. I think many of us are so used to not sharing that we feel vulnerable to mention the needs of our hearts. However, as Christians, we are not supposed to be hiding in our shells and never letting one in; that is more pride than it is humility. In 2 Corinthians 1, Paul says that when the people were praying for specific things, they could also rejoice in the Lord and give thanks when they saw God answer those prayers. In the Psalms, David speaks over and over again about how the Lord heard his prayer and answered, and he encourages people to praise the Lord with him for His faithfulness and goodness. Indeed, it is easier to document the specific answers God gives us when we also know the specific request we laid before Him.

On my prayer list, I have shared some specific needs that I am asking prayer for, and it will change from time to time. I will be sure to keep you updated on answers. ;-) You are welcome to use my idea on your blog, if you wish, and I will gladly pray for you as well. :-)

Another feature I added was the Bible Reading Schedule for January. I rearranged the New Testament reading on my schedule from church because I wanted to space out the gospels throughout the year instead of reading them all at once. So each month I am going to post my schedule and you are welcome to follow along if you are needing a schedule to go by. :-) Future posts will probably be based on what I am reading as well. :-)

One more thing: I moved the Followers list to the bottom of the page, where I removed my movie posters. (They are still available upon request, if you'd like me to email them to you.) So if you want to follow this blog, the gadget is at the very end of the page! ;-)

So that's that! You all have a wonderful week.

Love you all,

Melanie/Emmie/Mackey/etc. :-)

No comments: