Friday, January 14, 2011

30-Day Challenge, Day 12

A song that you want played at your wedding(or was played).
I'm afraid I failed to do this one yesterday, for the overall reason that I don't know what I want played at my wedding because I really don't think much about my wedding.  I think I know who I'd like to sing at my wedding, but besides that, I'm not sure. 

I thought it would be lovely to walk up the aisle (or back down) to a Jane Austen soundtrack piece. "Hole in the Wall" would be a lovely processional (it was for some friends of ours). The main theme of Pride and Prejudice (1995) or the end credits piece of Emma would make delicious, exciting recessionals.  As for a song to be sung?  I don't know.  I'm not much into love songs right now, not being in love myself, so I haven't thought much about that.  Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Speechless" would be nice, even though it isn't a love song as in, love between a man and a woman, but it is about the greater, more amazing love of God for us.  And the person I want to sing at my wedding would sound amazing doing that song, if I could convince him to.  But then, that's a couple years away at least, so I don't have to worry about it yet.

:-)

2 comments:

Dani said...

My sister wrote an arrangement of the song that Emma and Frank Churchill sung together in the first Emma (with Gwyneth Paltrow). I think the title is "Did You Not Hear my Lady?" Us bridesmades walked down to it. It was so lovely and lilting!

Melanie said...

Oh Dani, that sounds like it was absolutely lovely! That is such a pretty tune!